Monday, January 10, 2011

An Artist that Inspires


I started using the tool bar made for those of us that love being random. It's called Stumbled Upon and I'm still trying to get the hang of it but I did everything that the instructions asked. I filled in user name, password and then I checked, checked, checked and checked still more boxes for my interests. It really did say to check as many as applied. I filled in most of them. So when I pushed the button there was no way of knowing what would come up. First I came to a really fun blog but this Stumble thing was new so couldn't stay put for long. I was on a test drive after all. The next stop was the most amazing thing I've seen in a while and had to share.  The artist Jason de Caires Taylor has made over four hundred underwater sculptures.

You can check out pictures at www.underwatersculpture.com Just flipping through these unusual and moving pictures was an experience all by its self. First of all the photographer did an amazing job. Every photo is so detailed. Like stepping up like you could take hold and feel the stone and growth on them. 

Can you imagine the impact that just one of his projects have?  How they affect the his models? The pride this can bring to the area. Just the scope of all the people touched by this amazes me. I for one read the reason for the sculptures and I equally value the scope and the reasons behind each sculpture and the placement of them. Jason de Caires Taylor has climbed my list of top artists that depict their art with meaning, reason and imagination.

Am I the only one that wonders what it is that I can do that can bring this chest tightening, mind blowing feeling to others? There are so few things now that bring that feeling anymore. So much that we experience every day dulls us to these things. This artist just pushes the card for the rest of us. If he can accomplish this what could the rest of us accomplish if we put our minds to it?
Post a Comment

Reminder

This blog may contain cookies.