Sunday, March 6, 2011

E Books Getting an A++


The newest thing out there that everyone wants or already has are the Kindles and other ereaders. I of course want one too but since I don't look to be getting one in the very near future I have still be looking at the epublishers and the price of the ebooks. It's always good to be informed. So I came across a publisher that does all the things that I have always caught my eye as a reader. Astraea Press is that publisher. They do clean romances without the erotic and they have some of the best cover art in my opinion of any I have come across for new publishers. I was curious about their authors so I took a little tour and found a lot to like about them also. I even happened across J.F. Jenkins offering prizes for comments on her blog. Bingo! I was all over that so I did what was requested and a few days later she contacted me. Of course I was bouncing all over the place I love winning things but this was better I would be able to get a taste of what Astraea Press had to offer. She sent me not just her book The Dragons Saga: Legend of the Oceina Dragon but also a copy of Rebekah Purdy's My Dad’s a Paranormal Investigator: Seeking Shapeshifters.  I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to read them but found that my gmail account allowed me to read them right from my computer. Score! So I spent nearly a hole day reading J.F. Jenkins Legends of the Oceina Dragon and was nearly put off because the main characters were still in school. I'm so glad that I kept reading. It turned out to be a wonderful book that had me spell bound to the last page. Now I would be waiting impatiently until the next one comes out. Oh Sagas, you are the vain of my reading. Just kidding.  The next day I read Rebekah Purdy's Seeking Shapeshifters  and once again it was about a teen, but as I'd already found out in the last book, it doesn't mean it's just for teens. I was once again soaked into a story. Both are books that I wouldn't think twice about purchasing so what if they are young adult. These two get five stars from this lady.

Post a Comment

Reminder

This blog may contain cookies.