Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Squeaking, Romace, Bedrooms, Bunk Beds and Free Toys?

What Have I been up to since my last post? Other than spent two weeks sick.

1. Took the kids guinea pig on a field trip to their school. She is a good pig. She may nip once in a while but doesn't really bite so I figured if I was the one holding her it work out. Sally (that's her name) was great. She didn't even flinch once. She did talk a little bit. Sally isn't big on being hauled around. Being as how I love be fair with my kids we visited all three classes and the other classes of their grade. Five classes later and a guinea pig that was more than done, we left. It has taken a week for Sally to recuperate and forgive me but now she has finally stopped jumping when I walk into the room. Next week we should be on our normal she gives me a squeak about me terms.

2. My bedroom is no longer pink! Woohoo!  That room has been pink nearly all my life (living in my grandparents old house).  I wanted to go romantic and I'm not sure it's exactly how I imagined it. Maybe I was picturing it darker. It'll probably help after I get some darker curtains in. Tell me what you think. I'm going for the story book ending. Poor peasant girl meets her perfect man in the beautiful country side near the majestic castle. They marry and live happily ever after. 



  Yes, I'm a dreadful romantic. Can't seem to help myself I'm drawn to it like a child is drawn to the toy aisle at Wal-Mart. Sad I know.

Time to change the subject before I get into talking about all the romantic stuff I love or something equally as cheesy. Like maybe....


Real Love Stories Never Have Endings


3.   I've also had help from Bell to put up bunk beds. I would have had a lot of trouble with it if I had to do it by myself. It wouldn't have been as entertaining if I'd done it either. First of all it's not a big room. Second we didn't take the mattresses' out first we just staked them in the corner. Third the bunk beds had to be built in two parts. So I can't even count how many times we were up against the wall, stuck behind a bed, almost hit with a board or caught on something. We have some perseverance though because nothing stopped us from finishing that thing. Have I mentioned lately that I love my sister? Because I do! Only she could laugh with me while working around these mattress, that dresser or the cute one year old. 



4. I have Writers Digest as a like and they are constantly posting authors doing prizes for comments. I have also added other Facebook pages that also do this. So far I have won books, gift certificates and other free toys. The best part is that all you have to do is tell them what is on your mind and be polite about it.

5.I've also found a place to get read adult short stories and books free at Romance Divas. Gotta watch it though some of them are naughty.
Post a Comment

Reminder

This blog may contain cookies.