Friday, June 17, 2011

Take it or leave it

The good news is I'm expecting, although others may not feel the same way. People have they thoughts and make their little comments, and I realize who I DON'T want to be around. If my post tonight sounds a little hostile, I'll blame part on hormones and part on how other people are affecting me today. Yes, we have 4 kids altogheter... no we don't have it "all together", but we are totally THRILLED about adding to our family. I will never say I'm a great parent but darn it everything I do is for the good of my family. I may seem hard on the kids at times but only because I have high expectations, because I know what our kids are capable of. If you aren't going to expect anything from them then who will, they won't crave greatness if nobody says its possible!
Summer is here and the first month is always the hardest. We have our almost 10 year old in softball, 2 games a week plus practices and whatever tournaments they can squeeze in. Our almost 7 year old is in pee wee baseball, which is another 2 games a week and tournaments wherever possible. Then little 4 year old, who's birthday party we had to squeeze in on a weeknight because it was the only time we had all the kids and a free evening until 2 full weeks after his birthday, and he has t-ball every sunday. On top of that we have 2 weeks of swim lessons for an hour total, not including driving time.
I've been letting the kids slack ontop of all the running we've been doing and I'm exhausted and the house was starting to look it. So I made up their chore chart to look like a baseball diamond, if they did their daily to-do's they would move from base to base and for the big chores they would hit a home run. The house got very nicely picked up without fights and hesitation. I'm hoping we can keep it up.
Now the Hubby and I have decided our dogs need to go. They are great dogs, but we just don't give them the attention they need. I've never been one to feel a great bond with a pet. They are nice to have around but my world revolves around my 4 little people, plus one on the way and my hubby... not including my very tight knit family! I'd love to get them out everyday and train them and have them as trusty gaurd dogs but instead I spend my time with kids, running them, hugging them, playing with them and teaching them.
This may be a hard lesson for them and I, but sometimes you have to cut some things out of your life to have more time, money and energy to spend on more important things.
Right now I'm feeling judged, and a little sad that I have to accept that I can not do it all, but all that I do, is for my family.
Post a Comment

Reminder

This blog may contain cookies.