Saturday, March 22, 2014

Wii Needed Solution

Day after day my toddler would empty the bottom shelves of our movie wrack. Along with the mess I was concerned about the day she finally started opening the cases. She was also doing it to the book shelf for the kids books. Which was fine with me. But I got to looking at my bay window. I had the short book shelf on one side and a large one on the other. I liked the idea of flanking the bay window with matching tall shelves. I have also been storming Pinterest and my mind for ideas for all the Wii equipment. And that is how I came up with this.


Both shelves are the cheap Walmart brand. So doing this was taking a risk. With my husbands help we put the one for DVDs on top and screwed the two together. Also screwing the supporting shelf to make double sure that it had as much support as it was going to supply.


Then I took extra long nails and hammered them in as far as I could without going clear through on the sides. These are for hang the Wii steering wheels and tennis rackets.


Last but not least we hooked it to the wall for safety.
Easy peasy fix and doesn't look half bad.
Post a Comment

Reminder

This blog may contain cookies.