Monday, June 2, 2014

Make Dry Mix Food Special For Family and Friends


For those that don't know me I Don't Cook and I Don't Bake. In my world if it takes more then one dish to make, I want nothing to do with it. I hate doing dishes so I avoid making them dirty. Now that you know me a little better. I'll explain why I'm doing a food post.

We have those days that family or friends want to meet up. What are you usually asked to bring? That's right Food! If your anything like me. You feel bad if you don't contribute. So what are you going to do?

I always offer to make a dessert. For one very important reason. You can buy mixes. Cheap I know but bare with me fellow nonbakers. You can buy a mix and still make a delicious and unique dessert very simply.

Here are a few hits I've had with mixes.

Instant Pudding mix- Now with this I'll give you a few examples of what I've done with it.

Option 1 -
Gram Cracker Pie Shell.
Whip Cream
Your Choice of Instant Pudding Mix

 Mix up the pudding with the pie instructions on the box. Then put your mixture in the pie shell and stick it in the refrigerator to firm. After about 10 to 15 minutes use an ice cream scoop to put the whip cream on top. Quick, yummy dessert. (If you go with Butterscotch buy Nilla wafers to crunch and put over the top it's my families favorite)

Option 2-
Chocolate Crumble pie shell crust
Chocolate pudding instant mix
Chocolate Chips or Mint Chocolate Chips (use sparingly, can be strong)
Whip Cream
Chocolate Syrup

Make up your pudding according to the pie instructions. Add your Chocolate Chips Stir. Pour into crust then put into refrigerator to firm. When ready to eat put your whip cream on top then pour some chocolate syrup on top like the Top Chefs do on TV.

Option 3

Gram Cracker pie shell
Bananas
Banana or Vanilla Instant pudding
Whip Cream (yes I like the whip cream, it makes the dessert look complete and tastes good)
Nilla Wafers- crushed

Slice the banana layer the bottom of your crust with the slices. Make you pudding according to the pie instructions. Pour your pudding on top if the bananas. Put in refrigerator to firm. When your ready to eat put your whip cream on the sprinkle the Nilla wafers on top. Enjoy



Muffin Mix- Most packages only make 6 so make sure to read your package just to be sure you are getting the amount you want.

With muffins it's a bit easier to make them seem special. Just make it look like you went the extra mile.

Apple muffins I add caramel on top. Blueberry add icing. Banana nut put some ice cream and crushed nuts on top.

The possibilities are endless. Just think of things that taste good with the main ingredient in your mix and find a way to add it. These mixes are only a few dollars each you can afford to experiment to find what works and looks pretty on a plate. You can do this. Your kids can learn to do this. It doesn't take a recipe to make any of these and only you have to know that it was this easy.


Post a Comment

Reminder

This blog may contain cookies.